For the last 18 years or so I have worked primarily as an academic researcher specialising in topics such as computer games design, generic multimedia, virtual & augmented reality, natural user interfaces and robotics. During this time I have worked on a number of projects (commercial & research) developing app’s (desktop & mobile) games (fun & serious) and assistive technologies.
My professional working roles as a Software Engineer, Design Engineer and Research Fellow have resulted in an extensive and proven track record for the research, development and realisation of not only computing software and hardware, but also the odd physical real-world do-hicky too.
A few non-password related facts about me
- I have a beautiful and amazing wife, 3 step kids, 5 grand kids and a parrot.
- I believed that I would find it harder to give up drinking coffee than smoking cigarettes. I was right!
- I really love coffee, I mean really, really, really love coffee.
- Every-time I learn a new game development tool-set I recreate the basement level from Goldeneye.
- A sentence is not a sentence unless it has at least 30+ words in it.
- I did not shoot either the Sheriff, Deputy or JR.
- I have a shed called Skynet.